Provo has momentum. We were recently ranked by Wallet Hub as the second best-run city in America. Many who grew up here or went to school here want to stay and many more want to move here. We have challenges related to growth and maintaining our quality of life. Our City Council is planning far into the future to address complex challenges. The learning curve to be an effective Council member is steep. I am picking up the pace with each lap around the track (year of Council service) and am willing to continue accelerating for another four laps with your vote and support! Vote Dave Sewell today!
I have many endorsements but the best one is your 6,173 votes in the primary (more than all the other 3 candidates combined). I will represent YOU.
Here are a few qualities that constituents have appreciated about me:
- Regular e-mail communication about upcoming issues and Council agendas.
- Good listener.
- Looks for the good in others and brings out the best in them.
- Gathers data and evidence to support decisions.
What we will accomplish together:
- Protect neighborhoods and quality of life – including our water supply, natural amenities, and air quality.
- Maintain Provo as a great place to live, to raise a family, and to start or grow a business.
- Support economic development with a business friendly regulatory environment.
- Move toward more transparent and priority based budgeting.
Some accomplishments that Dave has championed:
- Streamlined and improved the development approval process.
- Strengthened public engagement with Open City Hall and by moving to two public comment opportunities for non-routine land use items.
- Improved efficiency (saving 2-4 weeks), predictability, and reach of Council agenda noticing by simultaneously noticing with Planning Commission.
- Reviewed and strengthened the neighborhood program.
- Second city in Utah to adopt C-PACE clean energy financing.
- Replaced a proposed solar panel surcharge with a more equitable and broadly supported energy rate structure.